Virtual Desktop allows you to use Google Drive within the applications and between your local machine and your Virtual Desktop to sync files.
Files and folders created or changed during use in your Virtual Desktop session on your connected Google Drive will automatically sync. This will back up the data and allow you access from both your local computer, the Gsuite web interface, the toolbar's My Files icon, within the Windows Files Explorer.
To open or save content select File, Open or File, Save from your Virtual Desktop and browse to the content location you want to open from or save to.
- You can access your Google Drive from the Toolbar's My Files icon.
To access your Google Drive from your Virtual Desktop complete the following:
Step 1: From the Toolbar select My Files and click on Add Storage and select Google Drive
- In the drop-down menu, under Login accounts, select your GoogleDrive account that matches the tail end of your campus email address.
Step 2: Sign in to Google
Follow the sign-in prompts for Google Authentication. When prompted, click Allow to provide AppStream (Virtual Desktop) access.
- Your Google Drive should now appear in My Files along with other mapped storage.
- It may take a few minutes for your storage to link and sync. It may be necessary to close the My Files window and reopen it for the newly mapped Google Storage to show.
To upload and download files between your local computer and your Google Drive do the following:
Step 1: In the Virtual Desktop menu bar, click the My Files icon and select Google Drive. Navigate to the folder that you want to upload to or download from.
- Upload: select the file that you want to upload, and click Upload Files.
- Download: select the file that you want to download, click on the down arrow on the far right of the file name, and select Download.