Virtual Desktop allows you to copy/paste to and from your local computer.
*Note: the instructions below are to be used when your typical copy/paste functions do not work. Due to browser limitations, you will sometimes find you need to use the Copy/Paste function in your Virtual Desktop. Instructions for use are below.
The Virtual Desktop menu bar allows you to upload and download your clipboard contents. To copy to or from do the following:
From your local computer to your Virtual Desktop:
Step 1: Select and Copy the desired content as you normally would.
- You can copy content (text, data ranges, etc) from your local computer, you cannot copy entire folders or files.
Step 2: Paste your content to the Virtual Desktop via the menu bar.
- In the Virtual Desktop, menu bar click the copy/paste button and select Paste to Remote Session.
- In the pop-up window paste your content or file (this will essentially upload it to the clipboard on the Virtual Desktop). You can use keyboard shortcuts or right-click options to paste.
From your Virtual Desktop to your local computer:
Similarly, you can move clipboard copy/paste content from your Virtual Desktop to your local computer.
Step 1: Copy with content with right-click or keyboard shortcuts in your Virtual Desktop, as you normally would.
- In the Virtual Desktop menu bar, click Copy to local device.
- The content from your remote clipboard should automatically display in the "Copy to local device" pop-up window.
Step 2: Paste to your local computer
- Press Ctrl + C to initiate the copy to your local computer clipboard. You can now paste that content locally as you normally would.